Shangtong Zhang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Virginia. Prior to joining UVA, he received his DPhil degree at the University of Oxford, MSc degree at the University of Alberta, and BSc degree at Fudan University. The goal of his research is to solve sequential decision making problems in a scalable and reliable way. Currently, he focuses on reinforcement learning as a solution method. His work won the best paper award at AAMAS. He spent some time at Microsoft Research and DeepMind during his DPhil.
- 2022/10: One paper is accepted by JMLR.
- 2022/08: I am offering CS6501: Topics in Reinforcement Learning this fall.
- 2022/08: I joined UVA!
- 2022/06: I defended my DPhil!
- 2022/05: One paper is accepted by JMLR.
- 2022/04: I will join UVA as an assistant professor starting from Fall 2022.
- 2021/12: One paper is accepted at AAMAS 2022 for oral presentation.
- 2021/12: One paper is accepted at AAAI 2022.
- 2021/11: One paper about offline StarCraft II is accepted by Deep RL Workshop at NeurIPS.
- 2021/09: I give a talk at the group meeting of the RL team at DeepMind.
- 2021/09: I give a talk at Microsoft Research Summit.
- 2021/06: I start interning at Microsoft Research Montreal.
- 2021/05: Two papers are accepted at ICML 2021.
- 2021/02: I start interning at DeepMind London.
- 2020/12: One paper is accepted at AAAI 2021.
- 2020/09: One paper is accepted at NeurIPS 2020.
- 2020/06: Two papers are accepted at ICML 2020.
- 2020/06: I start interning at Microsoft Research Montreal.
- 2020/05: I’m awarded Light Senior Scholarship by St Catherine’s College.
- 2020/05: One paper is awarded AAMAS 2020 Best Paper Award.
- 2019/09: Two papers are accepted at NeurIPS 2019.